Community involvement is important to Gap Partners employees, and it shows. In the past year alone, employees and the company have partnered to:
- Help make Charity Lane a must-see nonprofit fundraising event and holiday light spectacular in Northeast Georgia. Charity Lane is a seven-mile route packed with displays of holiday lights set up by participating nonprofits, and families drive the course over a two-week period and have the opportunity to make donations and stop at a Christmas store, where baked goods are sold to benefit participating charities. Gap Partners is the only business on the route; employees put up lots of Christmas lights and the company makes the parking lot available to charities for their own light displays. Started in 2011, Charity Lane has rapidly become a major community event in Rabun County, one that is very important to local nonprofits.
- Collect and donate many bags of coats and blankets for the Rabun Christian Food Ministry and MUST Ministries in Atlanta.
- Collect and donate toys to Toys for Tots.
- Partnering with customers to collect canned goods for Rabun Christian Food Ministry and customers' charities of choice.
- Sponsor raffles and bake sales to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.
- Collect and donate large amounts of flour, sugar and other staples for the Community Pantry.
- Raise funds for the Rabun Paws 4 Life Drive, which supports a no-kill shelter in Rabun County, GA.
Gap Partners also partners with the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency to help people with disabilities to become fully productive members of society by achieving independence and meaningful employment.